Since Apple announced its next iteration of iOS operating system, the iOS 12. Apple users have been thrilled to get their hands on the latest operating system, which is still in beta versions.
iOS 12 will be launched for download along with the iPhones in October this year. iOS 12 Beta 1 has been released to the registered Apple developers and a Public Beta is due next month. However, if you are one of those curious iPhone users, you might have already installed the developer version of iOS 12.
The fantasy of installing iOS 12 Beta 1 may almost be over since the very first beta versions are filled with hundreds of thousands of bugs and glitches, and most importantly the power draining issue that many developers have been reporting.
That makes you want to downgrade from iOS 12 Beta 1 to the much more stable and officially released iOS 11.3. If you do not know how to get back the iOS 11.3, below is a really simple step-by-step guide to downgrade your iOS 12 operating system.
Note 1: Before going ahead with the downgrade, make sure to take a backup of your device running iOS 12 Beta 1 so as to protect your data from getting lost midway.
Note 2: Sometimes the backup you took using iTunes on iOS 12 beta 1 may not be available for restoring after downgrading to iOS 11.3 due to difference in file systems. You will have to restore your iPhone using a backup you took in iOS 11.3 earlier.
– Have the iOS 11.3 IPSW file downloaded on your system. You can download it from https://ipsw.me/signed
– Go to Settings > iCloud while on iOS 12.
– Turn off “Find my iPhone” under iCloud settings. If you don’t turn off, you cannot downgrade or upgrade to new iOS version.
Once you are done with the above 3 steps, you are all set to downgrade iOS 12 beta 1 on your iDevice to iOS 11.3
Downgrade iOS 12 beta 1 to iOS 11.3
– Switch off your iOS device completely.
– Open up iTunes on your Windows or Mac and connect your iPhone or iPad with it.
– The device will start up again.
– Now, you need to get your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into DFU mode in order to downgrade the iOS.
– Hold the Power Button and Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds and leave the power button while still holding the Home button.
– Now your device will be in DFU mode and you can confirm the same on iTunes when it says “iPhone Recovery Mode” on screen.
– You will get a pop-up saying your iPhone is in recovery mode. Click OK.
– Now, if you are a Windows user, hold the shift key, and Command key if Mac user and click on “Restore iPhone”.
– Another window will pop-up asking you to select the iOS firmware file you want to restore with.
– Select the iOS 8.3 firmware you just downloaded.
– The next process will take about 10 minutes, grab your coffee.
Now that your device has been restored to iOS 11.3, go to iTunes again and restore the backup you have taken while being on iOS 11.3, before you installed iOS 12 beta 1. You are all done!
The above guide will help you downgrade to iOS 11.3 from iOS 12 beta 1. Follow all the steps properly to avoid any iTunes errors.