iOS 9 Public Beta version was released a few weeks back which has enticed many Apple users. However, some of you might not be satisfied with the performance of iOS 9 and searching for ways to revert back. Good news is they can revert back to the old platform by following some easy steps.
One thing you must remember is that while reverting back to the original platform, the gadget will be restored to factory settings. If you saved your data in iCloud or iTunes, then it can be restored in your gadget or else it would not be possible to recover the data.
Here are some simple steps to revert back to s iOS 8.4:
- Firstly, you have to download iOS 8.4 IPSW in your gadget.
- Secondly, your PC must have the updated version of iTunes i.e. 12.2 version.
- Thirdly, once you are sure that you have these two updated software, go to Settings and turn off ‘Find my iPhone’. You can get access to this option by click on Settings and the iCloud.
- Fourthly, use USB to connect the PC and phone.
- Fifthly, turn on the DFU mode in your iPhone. You can simply do this by pressing the Home and Power button of the phone simultaneously for ten seconds. After that take fingers off the power button. Then a notification is going to pop up on the screen confirming that the gadget is on recovery mode.
- Sixthly, Press on “option” down and thereafter click on Restore iPhone and thereafter select the iOS 8.4 IPSW file that you have downloaded earlier.
The phone is going to take about 10 to 15 mins to restore back the previous iOS in the gadget. Once restoration is over, some instructions are going to pop up on the screen of the phone. Follow the instruction and the phone will be back to the iOS.
So the steps are very simple. But make sure you follow each and every step one after another.